Check out More Shasta Stuff

Thursday, January 14, 2016

Summit for Someone Mt. Shasta.

Hi everyone,

I've decided to start this blog to record the training for and climbing of Mt. Shasta this June 2016.

I'm climbing Mt. Shasta through an event called Summit for Someone. The money that I raise will then be donated to an organization called Big City Mountaineers. It's an awesome group that takes kids who wouldn't otherwise have the opportunity into the outdoors. I'm thankful that I was introduced to nature when I was young, (thanks Mom and Dad!) but there are many kids who do not have people in their lives to take them into the outdoors. Big City Mountaineers does just that.

If you feel that the above cause is important I would like to ask you to consider donating to my June 24th climb up Mt. Shasta. I plan on raising at least $3,600. If you would like to know more about the climb or the organization feel free to check out their website at:Summit for Someone, Big City Mountaineers or if you want to donate to my climb visit Jake's SFS Fundraising Page and click on the donate button. Every little bit helps.

Thank you,
Jake

No comments:

Post a Comment